instructions for authors of accepted papers
Congratulations to all the authors of accepted papers! Well done, we look forward to seeing you in Melbourne!
Please finalise your submission before 15 June 2022, by following these instructions 1) check your final PDF is IEEE compliant 2) submit the final compliant PDF, sign and transfer copyright to IEEE, and 3) register for the conference.
Please write to email@example.com if you require a “notification of acceptance and confirmation of registration letter” for your visa application. We only provide this letter to “registered participants”.
1) check IEEE compliant PDF
Page size: A4 size format (210 x 297 mm)
Page limit: Final manuscript must be between 4-6 pages, with 2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge.
File format: ONLY PDF files that pass the IEEE PDF eXpress check are allowed. Please create an account on IEEE PDF eXpress and use the conference ID: 55341X to check your final PDF is IEEE compliant.
How to confirm your final PDF is IEEE compliant:
When your PDF passes the check, you will receive an email with a validated PDF as the attachment, the attachment will be named as “2022******.pdf”, where * is a series of digits. Please ONLY upload this validated PDF to the submission system.
2) submit final compliant pdf and transfer COPYRIGHT to ieee
Please submit the validated PDF to the same submission system located here: https://confcomm.ieee-ies.org/submit-manuscript/HSI22
Complete the IEEE copyright transfer form also on the same submission system.
IEEE requires all authors or their employers who intend to publish in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library to provide a transfer of the copyright. After you have transferred copyright in the submission system, the appropriate copyright clearance code notice will be automatically inserted to the bottom of the first page of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding.
More information can be found at:
3) register for the conference
HSI Conference Policy is that only accepted papers associated with full registration are included in the program. Timely registration will ensure inclusion of your accepted manuscript in the conference program. All registration fees will increase by US$ 50 after 1 July 2022.
The registration fee covers the following:
- Access to all HSI keynotes, lectures and sessions Fri 29 July – Sun 31 July.
- Access to HSI Deep Learning Workshop on Thu 28 July
- Lunch on all conference days
- Morning and afternoon tea/coffee with refreshments
- Welcome reception on Fri 29 July at the conference venue
- Banquet on Sat 30 July at the Melbourne Aquarium (‘dine on the seabed’ experience)
- Web access to proceedings during the conference
- IES Member: US$ 450
- IEEE Member: US$ 500
- Non-IEEE Member: US$ 550
- IEEE Life Member: US$ 250
- IES Member: US$ 400
- IEEE Member: US$ 450
- IEEE IES Student Member: US$ 250
- Non-IEEE Member: US$ 500
- Additional Welcome Reception Ticket Fee: US$ 50
- Additional Banquet Ticket Fee: US$ 100
- Additional Page Fee (max 2 pages): US$ 100
Submission system is open
Paper submission site instructions:
- Please register using a valid email, wait for the confirmation email and click on the verification link to activate your account
- If you do not receive a confirmation email or experience any other problem with your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select from Technical Tracks or Special Sessions from the list provided on the submission system, we will be updating the list of tracks regularly
- If your paper is not related to any track, please let us know via email email@example.com
Special session and workshop proposals 1 March 2022 EXTENDED Full paper submission 15 MAY 2022 Data paper submission 15 May 2022 Short paper submission 15 May 2022 Notification of acceptance 30 May 2022
- Final paper submission 15 June 2022
- Registration NOW OPEN (LINK)
- Early bird rates until 1 July 2022
- HSI Deep Learning Workshop 28 July 2022
- HSI 2022 Conference 29 – 31 July 2022
download call for papers
FULL PAPERS: up to 6 pages in length, of original research, theory, practice or application in any of the HSI topics
DATA PAPERS: at least 4 pages in length, of summarisation and commentry of substantial archival dataset and information to access the dataset (Guide for data papers)
SHORT PAPERS: at least 4 pages in length, of work-in-progress leading up to original research, theory, practice or application in any of the HSI topics
Formatting for both types: IEEE template for Conference Proceedings, two columns, single‐spaced, including figures and references. Templates for IEEE Conference Proceedings Author Guidelines can be downloaded from: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
CONFERENCE & POST CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS
All papers presented during the conference will be submitted to IEEE Xplore. The papers of conference series will be also submitted for indexing by Web of Science and Scopus. See: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/servlet/opac?punumber=1002118
requirements for being included in IEEE Xplore:
- Accepted, original, plagiarism-free, presented during the Conference manuscripts
- Registration Fee Payment
- Submission of Xplore compatible final paper (*.pdf)
- Signing the copyright form